WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

July 19, 2006

The Tree of Life, by Tamara Crull from Park Plaza Church, Tulsa Ok.

Have you ever sat under a tree without any particular purpose but to just sit there? Sound strange? I might suggest it becomes something you do frequently. Why? Because great things happen around trees.

Can you imagine a tree which offers life? God could. In Genesis 2:9 God created the tree of life in the Garden of Eden. What about a tree that offers a chance for success? Psalm 1:3 offers a description of such a tree:"He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields it's fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. What ever he does prospers."

Trees can also attract God's voice. For example, in Genesis 18:1, the Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre in the form of visitors. These visitors brought the good news of Sarah's future pregnancy. In Exodus 3:2, the angel of the Lord appeared to Moses through a burning bush soliciting his leadership. Both Abraham and Moses received messages from God near trees.

Finally, trees reflect the need for Christ and His purpose. Zaccheus, in Luke 19:4, climbed a sycamore fig tree because he needed to see Jesus. Shortly afterward, Jesus was crucified on a cross, a cross made from a tree, in order to offer us eternal salvation.

Trees offer a place of rejuvenation and rest. They allow for prosperity and posterity, opportunities for achievement and means of support. Most importantly,they offer you a chance of a new beginning through Christ. With His arms outstretched, nailed to the cross, Jesus gave His life for you.

I encourage you to find your tree and to just sit there, be silent, and know that God is there and is in control. What is He asking of you? A rededicated life? To be a fruitful Christian? A future mother? A strong leader? A support to a friend? Whatever it may be, have confidence that God has something special planned for you.

3 comments:

1literatimommy said...

Love this blog, Kim! It is so thoughtful. Wow, I had never thought of trees and God like that before, but I will in the future!

Joel said...

Sometimes sitting under a tree is a time for the branches to re-connect to the vine.

Great post babe.

Amy C said...

I love that blog. When I was a kid, and even in college, I used to sit for hours in the tree in our front yard and just think. As an adult, I really miss that time. That post really touched my heart. I need a copy of that.