WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

July 05, 2006

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!

Yesterday was one of the best fourth of July's I have experienced!

Our church got to host it's first annual pancake breakfast for the entire town of Trophy Club!It all started when a large amount of us (over 60)from church gathered about 5:45-ish at the church. We had such a blast making orange juice, pancake batter, filling syrup bottles, serving pancakes, clearing plates, serving Starbucks coffee,(donated!) looking for knives(a crazy story!) and so much more. The two main things we did at that pancake breakfast was getting to serve wonderful people as an awesome family team, and visiting with many wonderful people most whom we had never met!

The town also had a 5K run and then a FUN run for the kiddos. The route had them starting and ending at our church. WOW! We were so very blessed to have such an honor! We were so thrilled that God allowed us the opportunity to experience this blessing.

It was suppose to end at 9am, but people just kept coming. It was really spectacular!

We estimated to have served over 300 people. SO amazing! They kept telling us thank you for such a wonderful gift. Oh, the pity for them...I truly believe we were blessed more than them!
You see, our church is made up of many many people who have hearts overflowing with love.It physically hurts to keep it contained, and unspent. So naturally we just love the opportunities to give it away!

Our church also got to have two floats in the parade. Yippee! It was a nice parade. We handed out water bottles to our floats, then decided to pass some out to the other floats. Yeah, well turns out I DO have a depth perception problem! I managed to get my right foot run over by a rather large trailer/float filled with lots of people.

I couldn't believe it! I was handing out water then all of a sudden I felt the tire and all the weight it was carrying(trailers aren't light folks!) right on top of my foot. So, I politely asked if they could back up, so I could get my foot out. Well, after what seemed like an hour... He backed up a little, but not enough to yank my foot out...so I say again "oh, can you please back up, your still on my foot" Yeah, well, then he just slowly moved forward(I'm sure because there was a back up of the other floats behind him) right over my entire foot. All I could think of was, My foot is being broken right now! Then, wow it doesn't really hurt that bad to get a broken foot, well, at least not like this.

I really thought it would have hurt worse, but it didn't! I never even really limped. It is only bruised looking. I suggest everyone who plans on getting their foot run over by a parade float to run out and buy ASIC'S running shoes! They protected my foot from getting broken. I should do commercials for them.

Well, it was pretty humiliating! I'm real sure they are having a good laugh at my expense! Of course that can't be good for me trying to get that job with the Town of Trophy Club. They were all there to witness it. I can't even remember who's float it was. They all probably think I'm an idiot. well....

The craziness of it all, was Joel stressing that I was going to get my foot ran over when I was handing him a water bottle! He was so worried, and kept saying,"Honey watch out! I don't want you to get your foot run over" Yeah, yeah, yeah! Okay, okay! More humiliation when I told him (you know someone else would have!)

Anyways...On with the day! After the parade, we went back to finish cleaning the church. Then Joel, Emily, John and I went to the free hot dog lunch. Our very own Greg Lamont (a newly appointed political figure) (Jenny, remember twas the night...by Larry? ) grilled the dogs for us.After lunch (around 1 ish)Joel fell asleep and at about 3ish Emily fell asleep, John went to see Superman, Laura buzzed around then started getting ready for the evening festivities, and I have no idea what I did till it was time to head down at 5:45ish(probably still in horrified shock that my foot was run over in front of the world)

After Tim and Nathan McNeil, Lindsey and Elizabeth Ponder arrived we all headed down to the community pool. That's where we did carnival game duty from 6-9 pm. That was a blast! They had all of our game booth's side by side, so we got to interact with each other. It was SOOO much fun watching the kiddos try to ring the bell with that gi-normous sledge hammer! That was the booth I helped at.

At like 9:30-ish the lights went off and Laura sang the National Anthem(she sounded wonderful inspite of her strep throat, and swollen tonsils! Then THE FIREWORKS! They were beautiful and the music played along was beautiful. The whole evening was enchanting!

I LOVE THE 4TH OF JULY!

Thank you to all our soldiers for blessing us with freedom! I love you and am proud of you!

3 comments:

jenny biz said...

What an exciting day!! God is so faithful! (I am so glad your foot is okay!)
Larry cracked me up!!

Pearson Family said...

That was you they were talking about on the news last night! They were discussing the Top 10 Things NOT to do on the 4th of July! I think 'getting your foot run over by a float' was in the top 3! Pancake breakfast was a blast!

Unknown said...

You are just too much fun!! The telephone call still makes me laugh (I saved it so I can listen to it when I need a chuckle) and I bet you were the life of the July 4th party!! How many times did you tell them to "have a blessed day" while you were passing out pancakes and water bottles???? I love you and I miss you and I am glad that you are sharing your love with so many people in Trophy Club, of all places!! (I still can't get over the name of that town!)Glad your foot is ok. Listen to Joel and be careful the next time you're next to a float, ok?
x2112