WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

July 01, 2006

They really make manuals for everything, I think...

Last night I started reading a book called Underground Manual for Ministers' Wives, by Ruth Truman. Not sure what it will do for me, so I will keep you posted. She seems to be a witty, funny and talented writer.

It has a very retro looking cover and her photo on the back is clearly from the 70's. Probably because it was copyrighted in 1974

I have no idea of the quality of content yet, but it did come complete with a warning label.

Warning: Contents in this book may cause anger, laughter, or heartburn. Readers suffering from stuffed-shirtism should avoid this product. In case of accidental ingestion, large doses of 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 should be administered Q.I.D (have no idea what that stands for) Readers, any ideas?

Well, I hope all of you have had a great start to your weekend. I pray you are all walking strong, close, and joyfully with the Lord!

Hey Connie...You and Ronnie are crazy! I love you and was thrilled to talk to you guys the other day! I know you both are behaving at ACU!!! I'll make sure to keep referring people to y'all in the Education Dept. Ha Ha Ha! I miss you guys and look forward to visiting with you guys soon. Don't forget...Next time you are anywhere close by, call me!

1 comment:

Joel said...

Babe, you don't need to read any manuals! You should be writing them. You are an incredible source of strength and inspiration for me and countless others. You are authentic, available and affectionate. I love you.

and f.y.i.:

Definition of q.i.d.:

q.i.d. (on prescription): Seen on a prescription, q.i.d. (or qid) means 4 times a day (from the Latin quater in die). The abbreviation q.i.d. is also sometimes written without a period in capital letters as "QID". However it is written, it is one of a number of hallowed abbreviations of Latin terms that have been traditionally used in prescriptions to specify the frequency with which medicines should be taken.

PS: I didn't know that definition. I had to Google it. Just wanted to sound smart.