WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

June 12, 2006




YIIPPPEEEEE! Laura is going on her very FIRST DATE!!! SOOO crazy!!! His name is Cameron and he is a lifeguard here at the country club! Man, things HAVE changed! She totally got asked out through text messaging on her phone! They are going to go to The Cheesecake Factory. She is so excited! I am excited for her!

She is begging me to give him "The Talk" instead of her dad. She says I am less intimidating, except don't use the words "illegal substances" she says. Apparently those words weren't a big hit when a"guy friend" took her to a church function and I made sure that he wasn't going to have her invovled in any of that. Well, ya know...You never know! I just want to make sure I do my part and do it well! After all she is one of our precious treasures!

I text her to ask if I could blog about it, she said "yeah, just make sure you mention he's stinking studdly,hott, that he's a lifeguard, that he's taking me to "The Cheesecake Factory" (yep, said all that!)and momma please don't say anything embarrassing" What is she talking about, embarrassing?

Well, this is a moment she has waited for her whole life!(I'm not exaggerating either) Infact, that was the first words my mom said when I called her and told her she was going on her first date. "She has waited for this moment her whole life!" Well, say a prayer...and...Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Joel said...

Oh, you can bet that I'll be giving him the talk and let me tell you that illegal drugs are the least of that boy's concerns! The first thing I'm telling him is:

"Don't make me go back to jail."

Stay tuned!

Unknown said...

Your post and Joel's comment made me laugh outloud. I hope she has fun!!

Amy C said...

Maybe she is a carrier for the fifths disease and he will catch it, but only if he tries to kiss her on the first date!

jenny biz said...

Can't wait to hear how it went!!