WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

April 06, 2004

Friday at noonish, my daughter Laura and I were involved in a head on collision. PRAISE THE LORD we and the other guy invovled all walked away pretty much unharmed. He received a minor bump on the left side of his forehead. Laura was completley uninjured. I, other than a extremely small burn from the airbag, and a huge dose of humility am fine.

Laura and I were going to Joels' office to get a check for Laura's ortho appt. We were heading south on tenth stopped at the light at the intersection of Pine and tenth. The light turned green, so I started to proceed, but the white Ford Explorer to my left caught my eye, it didn't look like she was stopping. After I made sure she was stopped I continued on to make a left turn onto Pine street. Well, I was so preoccupied by the other vehicle, that it took Laura to panickly tell and show me the other car RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!!!! Bless his heart! I just completely changed his agenda for the day!


I was a little relieved when he said he was worried about that white explorer as well. But it doesn't erase the fact that it is still my fault. How crazy....I am driving cautiously and still end up in an accident! Life is just confusing to me!


I asked Joel yesterday...Do you think I need to be more humble? Of course his reply was quick and strong, NO!
I sure love him, but, he only sees me through a husbands eyes. I do agree that I walk pretty humbly, but just in that statement alone, shows there is PLENTY of room for growing!

This wreck has certainly forced me to be more humble!!! I think I forced the other driver to taste a little humble pie as well. He was driving a friends' car. Imagine that...you borrow someones car and wether it's your fault or not, their car is now wrecked!

That made me feel even more horrible! I've just thrown these people's day off BIG time.
I have received numeorous e-mails,cards, and calls filled with love and concern. All wonderful blessings!
AND lovely reminders of accepting humility so that I might walk more humbly.

I am so thankful and blessed to have an outrageous amount of friends and family who generously pour out love and forgiviness! It has been humiliating for me to repeat my story over and over, because it was my fault


Humility, I believe is a virtue often undervalued by the world in which we live. As much as it can sting it also can teach.
And teach it does....IF YOU LET IT! Well, I for one am going to let it teach me!
I cherish the people in my life who have chosen to rally around me inspite of my mistake, and support me with encouraging
words, prayers and offers of cars.


Jesus has reminded me that not only did He teach us about humility.... He lived it out!
Born in a manger.... unaccepted by so many....dishonored by those of us who did accept him.....betrayed......
abandoned.... and died a unglamorous death.


While our experiences are radically different, the simple lessons of humility learned are the same!
What a blessing to be chosen to learn the same lessons as our precious savior!

Remember that today is a gift from God...don't forget to unwrap it!
May you have a blessed day living in the presence of the Lord.

In His name and with His love, Kim Q


"There must be feelings of humility, not from nature, but from penitence, not to rest in them, but to go on to greatness."
-Pascal,1670







No comments: