WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

April 16, 2004

(thoughts from reading John Ortberg's book...If you want to walk on water, you've got to get out of the boat)


What would your guess be for the most common command in Scripture?

My guess would to be more loving, or even more obedient. I believe that probably is the core-foundation of His desire for us, but that isn't His most frequent instruction.

Pride is often marked as the main character of leading us straight down. (to the ground, not neccessarily hell, but....)
You have heard the saying, "Pride goes before the fall" (something like that)

Well, according to my reading, the Bible's most imperative doesn't have to do with avoiding pride, gaining humility(although I seem to be heading down that path pretty fast and furious!)

It is not the command to walk with integrity or purity in it's every sense ( sexually, drugs, alcohol, smoking, eating etc...)

The most profound scriptual command more often repeated than any other- with God's direct authorityand conviction- is made up of two words:

FEAR NOT.

Do not be afraid. Be strong and courageous. You can trust me. Fear not.

Why? Why is it that God says "fear not" more than anything else? Well, it certainly has nothing to do with keeping us from emotional distress! In fact, His "fear not" usually leads us into something of greater fear!

I really believe that fear is the root (not the love of money) of all evil!

Think about it.... it is probably the fear of not having money that makes us not want to be without..thus appearing it to be the love of. Look at the parable of the talents....the one guy feared to lose it so... he just burried it.

I truly believe that fear is the breeding ground for every sin committed! (wether you commit the sin by blatonly doing or not doing). Sometimes you have to look deep, other times, it's just lying right there on the very top!

It has been noted that "fear not" appears in 366 verses in the Bible. That is one for every day of the year, including
one for leap year!

Fear disrupts faith and becomes the biggest obstacle to trusting and obeying God.--John Ortberg

Trust says to jump!
Fear says Not to!

Which one do you choose?

Today.... I choose trust!

Fear not, for I have redeemed you:
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overwheilm you...

For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...,

and I love you. -Isaiah 43:1-4


I pray you have a blessed day walking with the Lord!

Remember, today is a gift from God....don't forget to unwrap it.

In His name and with His love, Kim Q













No comments: