WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

April 08, 2004

The Easter Bunny

Where does the Easter Bunny come from?

The story really goes back to the Easter Hare. A hare is a realative of the rabbit, with longer ears, large hind feet, and long legs-- perfect for jumping.

In the early years of Easter celebrations, hares were compared with Jesus. They were known for being gentle. They have no burrow or home (Jesus wandered through the countryside, and he said that He had no home in this world).

And they symbolize the new life that comes every spring and during Easter.

Nowadays, the once-kingly hare is usually pictured as a cute little bunny that delivers eggs.

Most people don't think of it as having any religious meaning or history at all.


An excerpt from " The Mini Easter Activity Book" By Robin Currie
--Lion Publishing



No comments: