WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

April 28, 2004

Amazing Grace



I struggled with that title....mostly because it seems so.....used.
Amazing Grace, while profound, when you truly accept it...sometimes can lose adoration, mostly because I believe we take it for granted.

Wow, that's another struggle...taking things for granted. Tell me is there a fine line between taking something for granted and just expecting...because we trust and believe?

Think about it....when we experience miracles(and we do all throughout our day) Should we be in awe-thus risking that we didn't really believe the Lord had it in Him....or do we have the attitude of expectant... where we just sort of nod(as guys do when they acknowledge each other) You know the nod...just ever so slightly, the raising of the chin.

Anways, quite a quandry to be in... Which I find myself in often.

Well, I mostly model excitement and thrill.....hold on... while that may seem spiritually sweet.... let me tell you....
My husband claims that Iam the same way for blowing a huge bubble, seeing a friend for third time in one day, as well as if I haven't seen them in 10 years, or winning the lotto. or finding a spider...etc...

Anyways... I vote we celebrate being thrilled and excited.. screeching often...because that one is easy for me!

That reminds me of a quote by Bishop Fulton J. Sheer
"Time is so precious that God deals it out only second by second."

Now that I have rambled on and on and on(which I can because it's my blog!)
By the way I love this thing because it's a journal and journals are not subject to proper writing rules! (ie: commas, periods, plus also I can use unlimited adjectives)


I would like to get to the real issue on my heart.

I'll start by asking this question...... Do you commit "misdemeanors" or "high crimes" ?
While you contemplate your answer, let me elaborate a bit more...

Sin....take the most appalling sin....one that you would never commit .........

Now, assess your attitude. Do you possess one that reflects my sins are not as bad as those sins?

Well, if you have ever had an angry heart, gone to church more focused on what you looked like than on receiving the message or delivering service, if you have refused to love, forgive, avoided people, miss managed time-Money-love, have ever gossiped etc...
(that's just to name a few!)

I bet quite a few of those didn't make your appalling list! Maybe because you feel they are not really aknowledgable
well, certainly not like the appalling ones!


Let me remind you as I am reminding myself, The Bible rejects any double standard sinfullnes. The Bible says "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" God says we have all rebelled against Him and unless we repent, we will perish.

You can rest assured your sin...is just as appalling...to God! It too help nail jesus to the cross!

God does not distinguish between big sinners and little sinners....like we do!

Without Christ's intervention, every one of us are in desperate trouble!

Jeffrey Dahmer....he was many things to many people:

A mother's precious joy
A father's pride and honor
A trusted companion, to many unsuspecting victims.

But later in his life he became other things:

A forgiven sinner
A brother in Christ
Profoundly a testimony to a grace so so so so amazing, that it can save any repentant sinner!

Still today, even long after his death. he remains an unforgiven, unaccepted Christian.

By who?...well by me for one...until two nights ago.

That night in a moment of spiritual awakening, I found myself in an absolutely horrific realization, that I was indeed
one of the workers in the vineyard (Matthew 20)
The early morning worker who had issues with the last hour workers getting the same pay!


There is not one person ( I hope) who would disagree that what Jeffrey did was indeed extremely heinous!

But, how much more are we less sinners if we choose to harbor our sins repentlessly? Remember when we(I) look down on someone else's sin, we are repentless!

Jeffrey Dahmer is a modern day parable for us Christians.

Do you remember Paul? He was once a man who actually persecuted and murdered innocent Christians.
Later, to his horror, he realized his wrong and repented. To his everlasting wonder, God reached down and saved him!

I'm sure we will all agree that Paul has inspired us all in stories and sermons we have read or heard preached.


Jeffrey Dahmer read his Bible, he took the message passionatly serious.
He confessed his sin, changed his life, and was baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of his sins.

Should we be surprised or expectant?

Do we truly believe what we profess?

Didn't he decide to trust the way we all did, in order to enter a relationship with God?


I wonder.....How much more is his appreciation and adoration for our Lord than mine.....

How impactfully profound would it be to have Christians rally together, in what could quite possibly be the most radical place to disciple the great command, and profess it in song "How deep the Fathers love"
at executions of prisoner's who have become Christians.


While I certainly do not want to discount any tragic sorrows people have endured from these people's horrible crime.
I do believe we should celebrate God's victories in His redeemed children!


I would like to close with the words of the song "How deep the Fathers love"



How deep the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure

that He should give His only son, to make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss, the Father turned his face away

As wounds which mar the chosen one, bring many sons to glory.

Behold the man upon a cross, my sin upon His shoulders

Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there until it was acomplished

His dying breath has brought me life; I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything: no gifts, no power, no wisdom

But I will boast in Jesus Christ; His death and resurrection

why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer

But this I know with all my heart: His wounds have paid my ransom




I hope you have a powerful day impacting lives and expanding His Kingdom, bringing all glory to God!
Kim Q










No comments: