WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

July 06, 2005

I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak. --Ezekiel 34:16

Do you think it's possible for a bird to forget how to fly? You know kinda how we might forget what we were going to say, or what we were walking into a room for?

Yesterday, while I was walking home from work,I watched a nice size bird fly from a building to a tree. It almost seemed like there for a moment he forgot what he was doing. Like there was a glitch in his flying.

I don't really know how to explain it... I was just intrigued by the thought of a bird for a split second..forgetting how to fly.

Really strange I know. It made me a little sad.


It triggered a thought of my Grandmother Lena. The day before Mother's Day my mom,Allen, and my uncle Terry took her out to lunch. Before they left for the restaurant my mom fixed my grandmothers hair and helped her get dressed(she has a broken arm).

Because my grandmother has hardining of the arteries her legs are not as active, so she has been using a wheel chair.(that's how she broke her arm) Well, they arrived at the restaurant. My grandmother was upset because the wind had messed up her hair. My mom smoothed it back down for her.

Allen, and my uncle Terry were putting her in the wheel chair, and Allen suggested my mom go ahead of them to hold open the doors. So, my mom went ahead and opened the first door,as they went through my grandmother politely said thank you, then the same thing for the second door.

They all got seated and my uncle Terry was at the salad bar, when my grandmother turned to my mom and said " Kathy did you see that nice lady smooth my hair for me, and then open those doors for us?"

Of course, my mom was stunned! My mom said well, mother that was me! My grandmother was just flabbergasted! Well, it was not! My mom said back, mother yes it was! So my grandmother called my uncle Terry over and asked him if it was indeed my mother who had smoothed her hair, and opened the doors????

My uncle Terry said yes mother it sure was! I thought you were being awful polite when you told Kathy thank you!

Then they all just laughed and went on about eating, and celebrating Mothers Day.

For a split second she forgot...My grandmother is in the first stages of Dimentia.

When my mom told me that story it made me alot sad.

I pray that no matter how old I get, that I never forget people...more importantly who they are to me!

Of course that triggered the thought of how easily we can forget Jesus...His power, grace, mercy, forgivness, His sacrifice..His will...the amazing love He desperatley wants us to experience!

And what about the people who haven't even accepted Him yet????

Ohh, the people who walk around aimlessly without Him! when I thought of that...
It made me more than alot sad...devestatingly heartbroken

No comments: