WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

April 28, 2005

An excerpt from Today Matters by John C. Maxwell

John C. Maxwell describes his dieting attempt:


Breakfast:
1/2 grapefruit
1 slice plain whole wheat toast
8 oz. skim milk


Lunch:
4 oz. broiled skinless chicken breast
1 cup steamed broccoli
1 Oreo cookie
Unsweetened tea


Midafternoon Snack:
The rest of the package of Oreos
1 qt. Rocky Road ice cream
1 jar of fudge


Dinner
2 loaves garlic bread
Large pepperoni pizza
Pitcher of Coke
3 Milky Way candy bars
Entire frozen cheesecake eaten at the freezer




SOUND FAMILIAR?????? I really really really believe I need to go to a detox place!
I am not trying to be funny! I am serious. I have a problem with sweets. I feel like I am addicted to it. John's lack of discipline for a healthy diet is very real to me.

I have (for years) abused my body with unnatural sugars and unhealthy fats. Well, today is a new day. If I can abstain from sweets (sugar) of any kind for two weeks, then I can reintroduce it back into my system in a healthy way.

Fruits and vegetables have the natural sugars and fats our bodies need! Now eating all those other items (cake, cookies, white chocolate trash,candy bars,brownies, homemade vanilla ice cream, etc...) on special occasions will not harm you. AS LONG AS YOU DON"T MAKE EVERYTHING INTO A SPECIAL OCCASION!!! ( I have been known to do that!)


I am not going to become a vegetarian; I am just going to become a healthy eater!!!
Please pray that I will be able to go two weeks without sugar of ANY kind, so I can start fresh with eating sugar in a healthy way.



Well, I pray all of you have a blessed day enjoying all of God's blessings!

1 comment:

Joel said...

You can still have your "sweetie" any time you want babe! I love you and am proud of you and know you can (and will) do this!

If not, I'll put you in detox!

I love you!