WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

January 23, 2006

Emily had a friend stay with us this weekend. At one time(I don't know where or why we were in the car...going somewhere) They were in the back seat. Her friend was telling us all about how on Oprah they had really cool stuff, like a dog calling 911 and some other crazy things.

After they giggled a few minutes about the thought of a dog actually calling 911 there was a long pause of silence. Then Emily said.."I thought Oprah was when you sing AHHAAAHHH, as she belted out a high pitch singing medley. Then she said, did the dog sing...on the 911?

Then I started to giggle(to just myself) and after I composed myself I asked Emily if she meant Opera? She said yeah, isn't that what Miranda is talking about? I said no honey, she is talking about a talk show on T.V. where a lady named Oprah has special guests and other things on her show to share with people.

Emily and Miranda giggled some more, and I took the opportunity to laugh out loud myself... since I had to contain it earlier. I didn't want to embarrass Emily. I just love the innocence of children.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Kim,

That was a great story. I am so glad to hear that you and Joel are doing so well in Trophy Club! I know that Lake Cities is blessed to have you as a vital part of their team. Although I have to say that I miss you terribly at Highland. Take a hug for you and give Joel one too.

jenny biz said...

That is a GREAT story!! What a pure heart!

Lauren said...

Kim,

My dad got a puppy that is half Boxer half Lab whose name is Cash. I would LOVE to have lunch with you when you come to Abilene! I only have class on Monday nights and Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 9:30. Let me know your schedule and we can make plans. I love you so much.

Jami said...

So funny. I just love Emily! Thanks for sharing!