WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

September 20, 2007

Inventions....

I have to say... I am absolutely grateful and intrigued by whom ever invented the treadmill! Can I just say WOW!!! Ya know...I used to be impressed with the microwave...thinking it "helped" you conquer more things...you know giving you extra time to do more "quality things" now I believe it just promotes laziness and poor quality of time & food for your family! (believe me I have been guilty...lets say...a time or two)I have vowed a while back to only use it to heat up leftovers and such...and not for preparing a meal for our family...

Anyways... back to the treadmill. This morning I (this is a journal right?) woke up to my alarm of 5:15 so I could run 2 miles, shower, read the Bible, pray, get Emily up, eat, get ready for work, drop Emily off, go to work..work... pick up Emily...

Well, I decided to not get up resetting the alarm for 6:15 convincing myself I would run after I get Emily. Well...I TRIED to go back to sleep...refusing to get up! It was awful! I finally started to doze off when that crazy alarm went back off!!! UGGGHH!

I didn't shower, (no need...I didn't run)but did do all the other things. PLUS...I forgot to take meat out of the freezer :( UGGGHHH! AGAIN!!! Anyways so I was craving baked sweet potatoes. Emily and I ran to Tom Thumb. We ended up having grilled chicken (pre grilled,diced & packaged but..w/out preservatives( probably still not good for us...but...I did sautee it in Vinny's olive oil dip YUMMY!) salad (5 lettuce's pre-bagged)w/homemade buttermilk ranch(the packet but, w/regular milk) and yummy baked sweet potatoes. (other than the sweet potatoes, I probably should of just went ahead and microwaved a meal!)

I decided to redeem myself and make homemade pumpkin muffins.(nothing packaged) Okay...not enough oil, so we walked down to the Valentine's and borrowed some. Got in some catch up time with our lives. Lauren came back with us to hang out with Emily for a while.

I finished making the batter and realized OH CRUD!!! I hadn't ran yet!!! UUGGGHHH! AGAIN! Well, I poured up the batter in the muffin tins. Ran 2 miles...kind of slow...22min HEY! at least I'm trying! anyways...hurried and put muffins in for 15 min get back on treadmill and ran one more mile. Finished making all the other muffins walked Lauren home, and listened to Emily read while posting on my blog. WHEW!!! Soooo ya see without the great invention of the treadmill I could never have done all these things! I am going to get in the shower and go to bed!

So..forget you microwave(until I want popcorn) the treadmill has just surpassed you!
Goodnight and I pray you have a a strong ending to your week! If not...don't give up!

Lamentations 3:22-24
tells us...Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

May we be encouraged by His sweet promises :)

p.s. Ill be cleaning up the hurricane mess in my kitchen in the morning! UGGGHH...yet AGAIN! that reminds me....the dishwasher...now that's another SWEET invention!

4 comments:

jenny biz said...

You CRACK me up! I used to not like sweet pot. but I have learned lately that if you lather them with butter and salt they are really good. (Does that take away all the nutrients?:) Miss you!

Amy C said...

Love sweet potatoes! & have discoved that with orville red. help, you can pop corn in a pot on top of the stove. I am addicted to the stuff. I eat tons of it. My microwave is really jealous. . .if it weren't for leftovers.

DebMc said...

Hey girlie,

Way to go on getting your running miles in!

We love sweet potatoes, but we microwave them. Poke holes in them with a fork, wrap loosely in a Walmart type bag and microwave until tender.

Yeah, I know microwave and plastic. Gotta work that out, but the potatoes are so yummy. Butter, salt, pepper, and a heaping sprinkle of brown sugar.

Have a great day!

Pearson Family said...

I totally forgot that you fixed your blog! Sorry I haven't been a faithful reader to the new Kim Quile blog! I dislike the treadmill. I get SO bored. I have been doing it though. You are way winning, I get in 2 miles but in 30 minutes! AND I love sweet potatoes.