WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

November 05, 2006

A sweet friend of mine Danielle sent this to me

Next time you're envious of someone in a magazine -- whether it be a model or celebrity -- remember this commercial.

<http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.ca/bblank.asp?id=6895>

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.


1Peter 3:3,4
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit which is of great worth in God's sight.

2 comments:

Steve Puckett said...

Wow! Powerful indictment of our "beauty" oriented culture.

Found you through Mike Cope's blog.

Peace.

Amy C said...

I never bought another magazine when I found that out in Jr High. I was really disturbed by the fact that they were trying to portrait something unattainable as the standard of beauty. Don't even get me started. . .