WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

November 15, 2005

"This doesn't change who God is, He is still God and He is good"

That was a quote from my sweet and dear friend in California,Carolyn Shook. Last night she called me with the news she received earlier in the day.The doctors told her she has cancer in both lungs and that there is no cure.

I love her and miss her so much! I am so blessed to have heard her say those profound words. I pray that everyone would be able to say those words. I deeply desire that the world would know without a shadow of doubt that God never changes, He is good and that it is only through His Son that we will know that kind of peace!

I woke up all through the night wondering if she was sleeping soundly or having an unrestful nights sleep. I mean I have trouble sleeping when I have so much to do and feel like theres no time to get it done...and yet..I have not been diagnosed like her.

Her time and my time mean two different things now. God has blessed me with the gift of getting to see her Thanksgiving weekend!!! I am soooo excited to get to see her physically!!!

Please be in prayer for my precious friend and her sweet family.

I ask that you make it a point to share Jesus with all you meet so that they will truly be blessed with the ability to say the same words of Carolyn Shook...


"This doesn't change who God is, He is still God and He is good"

3 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Thanks for sharing Kim. I will be praying for your friend. I love her quote and do plan to use it.

Joel said...

Amen!

Unknown said...

You have a heart for other people like I have never known. Thanks for sharing it with anyone.