WHO GOD IS TO US, IS WHO HE WILL BE THROUGH US!

Thank You Jesus, that You rescued me and set me free from my self destruction. Thank You that I am not bound to my past. In Your forgiveness I am made whole and new. May I allow You to use my story to be a bridge to You for others. Thank You, Father, that You have "qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:12)

Without Gods grace...I would be unrecognizable!

September 27, 2004

A Few First's


First Ball.
The U.S. President who started the presidential custom of throwing the "first ball," beginning the major league baseball season, was William Howard Taft. He threw out the first "first ball" in 1910, in a game between the Washington Senators and the Philadelphia Athletics.


First Postal service.
The first postal service in the American colonies was established in 1639 in the Massachusettes Colony.


A TV First. The first news event to be televised was the nomination of Alfred E. Smith for the presidency in Albany, NewYork, on August 22, 1928. The program was transmitted by Schenectady's WGY. The first regular news reports were 15 -minute daily programs transmitted over New York's WCBS and WNBT, begininng on July 1, 1941.


First Woman. In 1992, Rebecca L. Felton of Georgia, became the first woman to serve in the United States Senate.


Baseball. The first baseball game, at night, was played in Fort Wayne, Indiana, on June 23, 1883.


Another First. The first photograph was taken by the frenchman Joseph Niepce in 1826, when he experimented with pewter plates treated with bitumen of Judea and oil of lavender. He exposed the plate over eight hours on a summer day from his workroom window.


First Stage Of Courtship. In late winter, the male cardinal will pick up bits of food, hop over to it's mate and place it in her bill. This is an endearing event and the first stage of spring courtship. chicadees, nuthatches, titmice, and blue jays do the same thing.



1 comment:

Joel said...

Kim, I fell in love with you the moment I FIRST laid eyes on you!

Love Forever,